DIY

Friday, July 11, 2014

\ \ Melted Crayon Wax Candle \ \
Hi lovelies!

So today I have my first DIY for you! I found this quick melted crayon candle DIY on Pinterest and it looked just so simple and cute that I had to give it a go!

What you'll need \ \


Candle Wick .. I bought this from a local craft store for only $2 but if you can't find any you can use kitchen string, both of them will work fine


Coloured Crayons .. These are really cheap crayons i bought from the same craft store, you don't really need expensive crayons for this, because you're just going to melt them!



Ceramic Bowl .. Or any other microwave safe bowl you have


Glass Jar .. I'm using this tiny glass jar i found and I just peeled off the trim from the outside so you could see the colour of the candle


Scissors .. Just to cut up the candle wick or string


STEP 1 .. Choose a few of the coloured crayons, I just chose these ones because they were all in the same range of colours, and I wanted to mix them all together to make purple!


STEP 2 .. Put all of the crayons into the bowl and then put them into the microwave for 2 minutes (Don't mind the other bottle in front, I tried using it for my candle but realised that I don't have enough wax to fill it!)


*The bowl was so hot when I took it out!!


STEP 3 .. Just to make sure you don't spill anything when you pour the melted wax into the jar put something underneath it, I'm just using a paper towel so I can throw it out afterwards


STEP 4 .. I used a funnel to make it easier to pour the melted wax into the jar, and I've also thread the candle wick through the funnel to keep it in place. Make sure the wick is as straight as possible in the jar so it's easier burn


STEP 5 .. Set the candle aside for a bit then after a couple of minutes you will have your finished candle!












I go back to school on Monday :(  but I'll try to keep posting on my blog and Instagram so keep a watch out for new posts! But I love my new little candle! Luckily the crayons i chose don't smell like anything bad!! 

-Ash xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments